Friday, March 20, 2009

Starting a virtual church is easy.

(image from flickr)

I have a bit of a bugbear about people who are dead keen to call their children Bible names, but are only happy for ones that are pretty normal (e.g. Joshua), or fashionably edgy (e.g. Ezekiel), and are unprepared to go the whole hog and let their little Oholibamah or Maher-Shalal-Hash-Baz stand as a testimony to their slightly Old-Testamenty faith.

But whilst blogland is the perfect place to rage about such things, I don't have the courage of my convictions to saddle one of my own little ones with such an epithet just to make a point.

So I instead I'm making the point where the stakes are slightly lower - naming my pretend church.

Now I think pretty much all church music is bad - I don't like to single particular offenders out. But because the scene I'm from is so small, I think any criticisms voiced here might potentially be traced back to their source and become a discouragement (this isn't what I'm going for!).

So I thought that rather than naming names, to protect the innocent and the guilty alike (and to give a leg-up to a somewhat neglected Bible name), henceforth all my church music experiences have occurred or will occur at St. Dorcas'.

No comments:

Post a Comment